Noodle Salad with Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette
| 1 ||lb cooked al dente and cooled thin pasta (that's 1 lb. after cooking)|
|2-4||scallions, chopped,save some for garnish|
|1||red bell pepper, julienned,save some for garnish|
|roasted peanuts, chopped,save all for garnish|
|1||tablespoon black sesame seeds or sesame seeds, with additional for garnish (optional)|
|1||tablespoon grated fresh ginger|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||serrano chili, chopped|
|3||tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves|
|1 1/2||tablespoons unsalted creamy peanut butter|
|3||tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1 1/2||tablespoons rice vinegar|
|1 1/2||tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 1/2||teaspoons light brown sugar|
|2/3||cup canola oil|
|1||tablespoon sesame oil|
- To make dressing: In a food processor, process everything except the oil.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Scrape into a bowl and wait for half an hour for the flavours to develop.
- To make salad: Toss all together, dress with just enough dressing to moisten and flavor, and garnish with scallions, red bell pepper and peanuts.
- Serve at room temperature.