Grass Fed Beef
Orchard Pond Beef is a collaboration of our farm and several other sustainable farms in the area who share the same stringent standards of cattle management. We strive to produce the highest quality 100% grass fed beef, free of antibiotics and hormones, with animal welfare remaining our number one priority.
Where to buy our beef:
Individual cuts are available at the Tallahassee Market Square Farmers Market on Timberlane Rd. on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to noon and the Lake Ella Growers Market on Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
If you are interested in purchasing a quarter, half, or whole, email us at email@example.com.
Reasons to eat Orchard Pond Grass Fed Beef:
- Our cows are 100% grass fed
- Our beef is free of added hormones or antibiotics
- By selling locally, we reduce the carbon footprint of our product
- Grass fed beef is more nutritious, with less total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and calories. It has more Vitamin E, beta-carotene, Vitamin C, and Omega-3’s
- Food Safety: products from grass fed animals are safer than food from conventionally raised animals
- Grass fed practices enhance animal welfare
- Numerous environmental benefits are the result of grass fed practices
Pricing Per Pound for Individual Cuts:
Sirloin Tip Roast $7.50 Rump Roast $5.50 Ground Beef $7.50
Eye of Round Roast $6.00 Brisket $8.00 Skirt Steak $8.75
Sirloin Steak $9.75 NY Strip $12.00 Chuck Roast $5.25
T-Bone $12.00 Ribeye $12.50 Stew Meat $6.50
Flank Steak $8.75 Filet $23.00 Sliced Liver $3.50
Spare Ribs $5.00 Short Ribs $7.00 Soup Bones $3.50
Sliced Shanks $4.00 Sliced Oxtails $4.00 Porterhouse $13.00
Quarter, Half, or Whole Pricing:
Payment to Orchard Pond:
- To reserve order-$100/quarter, $200/half, or $400/whole
- Before picking beef up at the butcher, $3.75/lb for a quarter, $3.50/lb for a half, and $3.25/lb for a whole (hanging weight). This is not in addition to the deposit, so you subtract the deposit amount from this number.
When you pick up your beef at the butcher-
- Kill fee ($13.75/quarter, $27.50/half, $55.00/whole)
- $.45/lb (hanging weight)
To give you an idea, a 1100 lb steer taken to the butcher might have a hanging weight of 550 lbs. This means you will probably take home about 250-300 lbs of meat.